The power of print at a glance
- Campaign ensured only engaged consumers received the free sample by using ‘opt-in’ solution
- 30% opt-in rate translated into a 26% sales uplift in target stores
- 46% of households taking positive action by buying or intending to buy a LEGO Friends product, or purchasing another LEGO toy as a direct result of the campaign.
- Positive response on social media
- Projected ROI: £1.00 to £1.25 (although brand engagement was the key return on objective criterion)
Iconic toymaker, LEGO, was looking to engage with a brand-new audience – girls aged seven to nine years – by introducing them to the LEGO Friends range.
The company chose a two-stage in-home sampling allowed consumers to trial product.
Overall, 135,607 bags delivered and 40,000 ‘Emma’ toy mini-kits delivered using Whistl’s Own Network over a five-week period.
Mosaic UK and Where Britain Shops datasets were harnessed to identify most valuable households to reach the core audience, who have a high propensity to shop within retail areas with Argos present.
The campaign included a mini brochure with fun games and activities to inspire recipients and a further call to action to purchase LEGO Friends products from their local Argos store.